Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Golden Gate: an opera in two acts






For the last several weeks I have been working with Kurt creating digital projections for THE GOLDEN GATE, an opera in two acts. Hosted By American Opera Projects and LivelyWorks, it has music by Conrad Cummings and a libretto from the novel-in-verse by Vikram Seth. It is going to be sung by baritone David Adam Moore, tenor Keith Jameson, mezzo Hai-Ting Chinn, bass Kevin Burdette, and soprano Katrina Thurman with Steven Osgood conducting and John Henry Davis directing. Am I excited? You bet I am! And if not exhausted from all the name dropping, at this point I would be exhorting you all to get tickets. But sorry, they are all sold out. To console you, here is a preview of some of the digital scenery I created for The Golden Gate.






If you want to sample Conrad's music. Just click on the links below. These are two of my favorite pieces. And here's a link to Vikram Seth as well.

No comments: