Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fall from the Tree



I'm hoping the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I so enjoyed this show that I hope some of my teen's stellar drawing skills will rub off on me. I am very proud of Nemo, an aspiring cartoonist and arguably the best critic of my own work. His work is currently on exhibit at the High School of Art and Design. I was really gratified to see his work —I think Nemo may have found his metier in caricature, especialy of his teachers. Case in point: the drawing he did of Mr. Filardi and the real Mr. Filardi taken by me at the opening.




It was inspiring to see the work coming out of the cartooning and animation group. The work was passionate and the opening fun. Here's a selection of pix from the opening pix and more work in the show.

Last image is another of Nemo's caricatures. I must admit to wincing a bit when his incisive glance was turned toward me, but I will say, I now have the most stylish, crankiest, plumpest, orange wearing avatar in Wii Fit and I can twirl that Hula Hoop in style. I love his work, and it is not just proud mama talk. The Big Apple produces seeds of interesting trees.




No comments: